A delightful list of Tuareg traditional games and plays:
- Tiddas, played with small stones and sticks.
- Kelmutan: consists of singing and touching each person’s leg, where the ends, that person is out: the last person loses the game.
- Temse: comic game try to make the other team laugh and you win.
- Izagag, played with small stones or dried fruits.
- Iswa, played by picking up stones while throwing another stone.
- Melghas, children hide themselves and another tries to find and touch them before they reach the well and drink.
- Tabillant, traditional Tuareg wrestling
- Alamom, wrestling while running
- Solagh, another type of wrestling
- Tammazagaor Tammalagha, race on camel back
- Takket, singing and playing all night.
- Sellenduqone person to be a jackal and try to touch the others who escape running.
- Takadant, children try to imagine what the others are thinking.
- Tabakoni: clown with a goatskin mask to amuse children.
- Abarad Iqquran: small dressed wooden puppet that tells stories and make people laugh.
- Maja Gel Gel: one person tries to touch all people standing, to avoid this sit down.
- Bellus: everyone run not to be touched by the one who plays.
- Tamammalt: pass a burning stick, when its blown off in ones hands tells who’s the lover.
- Ideblan: game with girl prepare food and go search for water and milk and fruits.
- Seqqetu: play with girls to learn how to build tents, look after babies made of clay.
- Mifa Mifa: beauty contest, girls and boys best dressed.
- Taghmart: children pass from house to house singing to get presents: dates, sugar etc.
- Melan Melan: try to find a riddle
- Tawaya: play with the round fruit calotropis or a piece of cloth.
- Abanaban: try to find people while eyes are shut.(blind mans buff)
- Shishagheren, writing the name of one’s lover to see if this person brings good luck.
- Taqqanen, tellingdevinettesand enigmas.
- Maru Maru, young people mime how the tribe works.